These are my predictions for 2018:
1) Blockchain industry to generate many products and services - branded virtual currency, smart contracts, training, staffing and backup.
2) Cannabis to expand its march toward legalization and regulation for medical and recreational use, leading to branded products, accessories, treatment practices, magazines and resorts.
3) Alexa, Siri, AI to begin to take off as human companionship is supplanted by robots that can alleviate the eternal loneliness of the human condition and help us to get stuff done.
4) Similar to #3 but more focused on emotional and physical intimacy, expect the beginning of mass adoption of virtual assistants, daytime companions, nighttime spooners, cuddle parties and sex robots.
5) Guns, martial arts and swordfighting: Look for self-defense to continue to gain traction with consumers seeking out products, training, and recreational activities related to survival.
Copyright Dr. Dannielle Blumenthal. Opinions my own. Graphic by me.