Brand Style Guide: The Basics
- Vision - the abstract reason for being (e.g. "make the world a better place")
- Mission - the specific thing you do to make the mission happen (e.g. "through offering healthy refreshments at a fair price")
- Core values - the beliefs that power you (e.g. "quality, integrity, gratitude")
- Words - tagline, key messages, key words
- Visuals - logo, color palette, font
A brand style guide therefore should cover all of these elements.
Posted on November 24, 2017 by Dannielle Blumenthal, Ph.D. All opinions are the author's own. The author's earlier version of this post appears on Quora.com. This post is hereby released into the public domain. CC0 Creative Commons photo by lightstargod via Pixabay.