The Top 10 Mistakes DC Women Make When It Comes To Fashion
Yes, that's me with my astounding "Washington, DC" neon-handwritten wallet bag. And headphones.
I make no pretense to be stylish as I age. Frankly it's getting worse every year. But if I've become somewhat slovenly, maybe even a bit of a shlep, I am pointing the finger straight at this policy-oriented city in which I've lived and worked pretty much my entire career.
And not to pick on the women, but really - we can do better than this! We can.
They are laughing at us up in New York.
Here are our top 10 fashion sins of late. I freely admit to most of them. May we repent and be forgiven:
1. Yoga pants outside yoga class, where your physical fitness level does not justify the exposure.
2. Pumps with a skinny heels. Yes, I'm talking to the ladies who get off the train at Pentagon City.
3. Sweatjackets, because you've given up.
4. Infinity scarves on women younger than 70.
5. Leopard leopard everywhere and not a drop to drink.
6. Sandals and no pedicure. Sandals and ragged toenails. Sandals in winter with open toes.
7. Matchy-matchy costume jewelry, earrings and necklace.
8. Black on top of black "because it makes me look thinner."
9. Blouses generally. They never look good. Who even says "blouse?"
10. ...and my all-time favorite, rhinestone lanyards with your government ID.
All opinions are my own and do not reflect those of my agency or the federal government as a whole. Photo by me.