This one's a little different than the social media trends prediction I did a short time ago. These are the big ones, the major marketing trends, clear moneymakers.
1. Decadent healthy: Anyone can make a sugarfree chocolate bar. I'm talking about luscious, gorgeous, voluptuous packaging for water, that comes from the purest streams in the most distant places on Earth.
2. Expensive DIY: We will refuse to pay for anything, but we'll splurge on the "ingredients" to make everything.
3. Inner circle economics: I work with my friends and they work with me. Trust and camaraderie go beyond any specific skill. Currency is how far you go back with each other.
4. Forgiveness coaches: Experts, some trained but mostly not, will abound who can help you to "release" the wounds of your past.
5. No currency allowed: People will get away from money, away from bitcoin, away from the grid and simply find ways to help each other.
Dr. Dannielle Blumenthal is a seasoned communications professional with nearly two decades of progressive, varied experience in the public sector, private sector, and academia. Currently she is a public servant, as well as an independent freelance writer. This blog, like all of her public content, is written in her personal capacity unless otherwise noted. It does not reflect the views of the U.S. government, in whole or in part. Photo by Victoria Pickering / Flickr.