10 Tips from Jack Bauer's Leadership Playbook
"Bauer" is of course the main character on "24":
1. Gains permission to make difficult decisions in a respectful but effective way: "Sir, just let me do what I know how to do."
2. Throws terrorists out the window without listening to their nonsense propaganda, because they are dangerous killers and not good or moral.
3. Respects marriage between the love of his life and another man, because he respects that marriage is sacred.
4. Always takes a phone call from people he cares about even when it distracts him from his work. He just keeps it brief.
5. Knows a rat when he smells one, even if the rat seems unconnected to the present infestation.
6. Nevertheless he doesn't act without evidence.
7. Maintains highly qualified and trustworthy friends who help him, and vice versa.
8. Delegates work to the experts - doesn't pretend to know or do it all. Nevertheless, keeps a good working knowledge of the subject matter.
9. Goes it alone when he has to.
10. Serves a higher mission than his own greed, lust or thirst for power. He would die for it.
* All opinions my own.