1) The nature of bureaucracy is to impose order, but the nature of bureaucrats is to impose complexity on that order.
2) Governance is required for team productivity, but the most productive employees are normally the least governable.
3) Employees provide most of the value in any bureaucracy, but the nature of bureaucracy is to devalue the employee.
4) Bureaucracy relies on the flow of information to run effectively, but its structures tend to stifle the flow of information.
5) Information economies rely on rules-based organizations, but the proliferation of rules prevents the fast adaption that information economies require.