If Government Were Run Like A Four Star Hotel
Source: Interalpen-Hotel, Tyrol
1. Taxpayers would be "guests," and we would fall all over ourselves to win their repeat business.
2. Customer service would be in the first paragraph of everyone's job description.
3. The people who interact with the public would wear name tags.
4. We would ask the public what they need and then deliver it rather than waiting for them to contact us.
5. We would keep our facilities sparkling clean.
6. We would promote high performers and fire poor ones without apologizing or making excuses.
7. We would have multiple guides to Agency-related services easily accessible to customers.
8. We would know who our customers are - it's a segment of the world that cares, not everyone.
9. We would have comment cards and collection boxes everywhere.
10. We would measure performance by the numbers, make the numbers public then adjust accordingly.