While I do recognize that this is a blog about branding it is also true that we thinkers must eat.
Keep in mind that my family normally begs me NOT to cook anything, and yet this still tastes great. (Try to put out of your mind the fact that it sort of looks disgusting in the picture.) If you have this soup you will feel like Popeye!
You would pay $5 for a measly fraction of this recipe at a place like Whole Foods. Yet if you just take the time to dump some veggies in a pot you will have so many servings for about the cost of a salad and drink at Chop't.
In return for absolutely zero effort, the 5x-benefit you will reap includes:
- Healthy - it's just vegetables
- Diet-friendly - no added fat or carbs other than complex carbs from vegetables
- Earth-friendly - no meat or animal products
- Cheap - the whole thing cost at most $10 and it made three Tupperwares worth
- Versatile - have it chunky or smooth
- Look in your freezer for frozen vegetables. I picked one 16 oz. bag each of spinach, cauliflower, and broccoli. This week I did my grocery shopping online so I didn't even have to go to the store to get them.
- Look around for fresh vegetables. I found some cut up red pepper, mushrooms, and also some red onions, which I chopped into huge pieces as I have no idea how to dice them.
- Dump into big pot. Add water to cover, or stock if you have it sitting around.
- Add a few broth cubes. (I also added a can of spicy tomatoes but don't think you have to.)
- Bring to a boil, then let it simmer for an hour, then turn it off. Eat as is, or blend first for a creamier texture.
Enjoy, have a great weekend, and good luck!