Some Unsolicited PR Advice For Any Politician Involved In The Debt Crisis Now
1. Go away from the cameras until you make a deal.
2. Make a deal.
3. If you must go on camera, appear with your sleeves rolled up, with a roomful of colleagues, from both sides of the aisle. Sweating. Have papers stacked in front of you. Or get to a podium with this mixed group and speechify together.
4. Make a deal.
5. Take the pledge: A deal by Sunday talkshow time or donate a year's worth of salary to pay down the national debt.
6. Make a deal.
7. Get in a recording studio with a whole buncha diverse colleagues and re-record "We Are The World." Sell on iTunes to pay down the debt.
8. Make a deal.
9. Tweet that some of the smartest, nicest people around are (people from the other side). No more messages beginning "No way in hell..."
10. Make a deal.
"Can't we all just get along?" Maybe not. But we sure as hell better look like we can, or the whole D.C's gonna be in trouble.
Have a good day, & good luck!
Image source here